09 August 2005

Going Back to School

So it's about 2 weeks now that I need to go back to work. It's strange because it's like something "clicked" in my brain and now I realise it so my brain is in teacher mode. I'm now thinking of a thousand things I could do differently this year. Part of being a teacher is adjusting and changing to make things better for the students. So, the start of the year is a great time to try somthing new and make changes to established routines.

One thing I know I do well for sure at my job is being organized. The main reason why I'm so organized is because I get really stressed out if I'm not. I just don't know how disorganized teachers get by :P There is so much paperwork, emails, phone calles, lesson plans, seating charts, etc etc that you have paper everywhere in addition to the files and emails on your computer. Oh, and voicemail too. Not to mention the 12o or so students I need to teach :) Anyways, as I tell my students, organization is the key to success.

That being said, of course I'm thinking about better ways to organize. I took my posters down off the walls in June which I hadn't done for 2 summers. I have a LOT of posters and stuff from France and Quebec that I hang up too. I need to rethink where it all should go! But, this is fun for me, so I'm not complaining. The start of the school year is a nice refreshing start every time. But then comes the rest of the year...

My goal for today is to go in for a few hours with Benjamin and get started. I only have 2 weeks left!!

No comments: